Questions Shared by
Mrs. Shilpa Kate, IT Lecturer, S.B. Patil College of Science & Commerce, Ravet, Pune
Q1. Fill in the blanks.
1. IOT is Referred as Internet of Things
2. Smart Home is the application of Internet of Things Technology.
3. Amazon is the web service provider.
Q2. State True/False.
1. PaaS provides a platform with tools to test, develop and host applications in the same Environment.
2. Cloud computing means to store and access data and programs over the internet.
Q3. Match the following
1) Smart City a)Software as a Service
2)Amazon Web server b) Platform as a Service
3)PaaS c)Cloud computing
4)SaaS d) IOT
Ans: 1àd 2àc 3àb 4àa
Q 4. Answer in brief.
1.Give some applications of IOT.
Ans: Following are applications of IOT.
Smart lighting - Brightness of light is controlled on the basis of day light.
Smart thermostats - Allows users to schedule, monitor and remotely control home temperatures.
Smart locks and garage-door openers - Password based or facial recognition based doors and locks.
Smart security cameras – Security cameras that can identify known and unknown person and raise alarm, in case of security threat.
Smart traffic signals – Signal that can monitor vehicles and give responds according to traffic in real time, controls traffic jam problem
2. Explain in detail about cloud computing.
¢ It provides on-demand network access to a shared pool of computing resources (network, servers, storage, applications) and releases services with service provider interaction.
¢ Use of remote servers on the internet to store , manage ,process data rather than Local server or on your PC
3. Explain models of cloud computing.
1.Infrastructure as a Service:
¢ IaaS gives users access to storage, networking, servers and other computing resources via the cloud.
¢ Key features :
Instead of purchasing hardware users pay on demand.
Enterprises saves the costs of buying and maintaining their own.
Infrastructure is scalable depending on processing and storage needs.
Examples : Amazon web services, Google Compute Engine (GCE)
2.Platform as a Service:
¢ It offers access to a cloud-based environment in which users can develop, manage and deliver applications.
¢ Key features :
PaaS provides a platform with tools to test, develop and host applications in the same environment.
Allows organizations to focus on development.
Manage security, operating systems, server software and backups.
Facilitates collaborative work even if teams work remotely.
Ex. Force.com, Google App Engine, Apache Stratos
3.Software as a Service:
¢ It delivers software and applications through the internet , users accessed these applications through the web.
¢ Key features :
Users do not have to manage, install or upgrade software; SaaS providers manage this.
Data is secure in the cloud; equipment failure does not result in loss of data.
Use of resources can be scaled depending on service needs.
Applications are accessible from virtually anywhere in the world.
¢ Examples : Google's G suite, GitHub, SAP, Slack, Dropbox.
4.Give brief idea about AI.
¢ Artificial intelligence (AI) is an area of computer science that highlights on creation of intelligent machines that work and react like humans.
¢ AI is different from robotics, in which machines sense their environment, perform calculations and do physical tasks either by themselves or under the direction of people.
Advantages of AI:
- Reduction in human error : gives 100% accuracy
2. Digital Assistance : organizations use digital assistants to interact with customer for saving human resources. Example- chatbot
3. Faster Decisions take decisions faster than a human and carry out actions quicker.
4. Daily Applications : Apple’s Siri, Window’s Cortana, Google’s OK Google
Disadvantages of AI:
- High Costs of Creation- As the machines used in AI based environments are very complex and high in price, it increases the cost for overall set up.
2. Unemployment- As AI is replacing the majority of the repetitive tasks and other works with robots. This will reduced human interference but cause a major problems in the employment standards.
5.Explain the concept of 5G.
1. 5G is the fifth generation of cellular network technology.
2. Digital cellular network:-is service area covered by providers is divided into small geographical areas called cells.
3. 5G is the next generation of wireless .
4. Carry very large amounts of data at a short distance:- use a variety of spectrum bands, millimeter wave , radio spectrum. etc
5. The drawback of the higher frequencies : Easily obstructed by the walls of buildings, trees even changes in the weather.
Features of 5G:-
Q 1. Fill in the Blanks
1. In Smart lighting system Illumination of light is controlled on the basis of day light.
2. Smart thermostat device allows user to schedule ,monitor and remotely control home temperatures.
3. Cloud computing is a model for enabling, convenient on-demand network access to a shared pool of computing resources like network, servers, storage, applications and services released with service provider interaction.
4. Infrastructure as a service service provider gives users access to storage, networking, servers and other computing resources via the cloud.
5. Platform as a service provides a platform with tools to test, develop and host applications in the same environment
6. A Software as a service service provider delivers software and applications through the internet.
7. In Public cloud, all the services and supporting infrastructure are managed off-site over the internet and shared across multiple users.
8. Private cloud provides I.T services through the internet or a private network to selected users rather than to general public.
9. In Private cloud solution all the data is protected behind the Firewall
10. Hybrid Cloud environments combines both Public and Private cloud elements
11. Artificial intelligence is an area of computer science that emphasizes on creation of intelligent machines that work and react like humans.
12. Natural language processing involves analyzing and understanding human language and responding to it.
13. Machine learning analytical model building, to find hidden insights in data without being programmed to look for something in particular or draw a certain conclusion.
14. Neural Network imitate the brain's array of interconnected neurons, and relay information between various units to find connections and derive meaning from data.
15. 5G is the fifth generation of cellular network technology.
16. 5G is the next generation of wireless communications.
Q 2. True or false
1. While accessing IaaS user is still responsible for managing their applications , data, middleware etc. Ans: True
2. Infrastructure is scalable depending on processing and storage needs. Ans: True
3. Instead of purchasing hardware outright, users pay for IaaS on demand. Ans: True
4. Cloud computing solutions are expensive than the actual overall Infrastructure set up for the I.T services. Ans: False
5. Cloud computing solutions are not portable as we cannot access from anywhere. Ans: False
6. 5G never support IoT based applications. Ans: False
7. 5G increases Application loadtime for devices. Ans: False
8. Due to 5G Uploading and downloading time speed is high. Ans: True
9. Hybrid cloud allows greater flexibility as compared to that of public and private cloud solutions. Ans: True
10. AI can causes major problems in the unemployment. Ans: True
Q 3. MCQ Select 1 correct option
1. _________ as a Service is a cloud computing infrastructure that creates a development environment upon which applications may be build.
a. Infrastructure b. Service c. Platform d. All of the mentioned
2. Which of the following is classic example of an IaaS service model ?
A. AWS B. Azure C. Cloudera D. All of the mentioned
3. Which of the following is a SaaS characteristic ?
a. Users do not have to manage, install or upgrade software; SaaS providers manage this.
b. Data is secure in the cloud; equipment failure does not result in loss of data.
c. Use of resources can be scaled depending on service needs.
d. All of the mentioned
4. What is Private cloud?
a. shared across multiple users, globally
b. Not shared among multiple people, of only one customer/organization
c. Having greater flexibility with security
5. What are the Applications of IoT?
a. Smart lighting system b. Smart Thermostat c.Security Cameras d. All
6. following is role of smart thermostat.
a. Brightness of light is controlled on the basis of day light.
b. Allows users to schedule, monitor and remotely control home temperatures.
c. can identify known and unknown person and raise alarm, in case of security threat.
7. Cloud computing provides on-demand network access to a shared pool of following computing resources
a. network ,servers b. Applications c. storage d. All
8. Which of the following is the highest degree of integration in cloud computing?
a) CaaS b) AaaS c) PaaS d) SaaS
9. ……………..is about creating a "natural, human-like interaction", including using the ability to interpret speech and respond to it.
a. Machine learning b. cognitive computing c. Neural network d. Computer vision
10. ……………………….employs pattern recognition and deep learning to understand the content of pictures and videos, and to enable machines to use real-time images to make sense of what's around them.
a. Computer vision b.Machine learning c.Cognitive learning d.Natural language Processing
Q 4. MCQ select 2 correct options
1. SaaS vendors provide
a. Users do not have to manage, install or upgrade software .
b. equipment failure result in loss of data.
c. Use of resources can not be scaled depending on service needs
d. Applications are accessible from virtually anywhere in the world.
2. Hybrid cloud Combines both ……….and ……….. clouds elements
a.Public b.Private c.Protected d.Virtual
3. Following are the examples of Public cloud
a. Amazon AWS b. Google Cloud Platform c. VMware vCloud
d. Amazon VPC
4.Following are the features of Private cloud.
a. Not shared, of only one customer/organization
b. Data is protected behind the firewall.
c. shared across multiple users,globally.
d. Combines both Hybrid and public clouds elements
5.Following are disadvantages of AI
a. Reduction in human error b. Digital Assistance
c. Faster Decisions d. High cost of creation. e. Unemployment
6. These are the Advantages of IoT.
a. Efficient resource utilization b. Increase human effort
c. Improve security
d. without the active participation on the user, provides important personal data in maximum detail.
7 .Follwing are the PaaS service providers.
a.Force.com b. Google's G suite c. Apache Stratos d.Dropbox d. Git Hub
Q 5. MCQ Select 3 options
1. Following are the applications of 5G
a.Online 5G Gaming b. Offline classrooms. C. Virtual Classroom d. Automated vehicle’s e. neural network.
2. These are the models of cloud computing
a.IaaS b.NaaS c,PaaS d.DaaS e.SaaS
3. Following are the Subfields of Artificial Inteligence
a. Neural networks b.Deep learning c.Computer vision
d. Public computing e.Smart signal System
4. 5G Carry very large amounts of data at a short distance using medium
a.Spectrum bands b. millimeter wave c. radio spectrum d.Gama rays e. Sunlight
5. Following are the examples of SaaS?
a.Force.com b. Google's G suite c. Apache Stratos d.Dropbox e.Git Hub